Collaborators with Lil Wayne, T.I., Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Others Look to Expand Their Influence across Musical Genres
Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group Corp. (NYSE: WMG), today announced it has signed a worldwide administration agreement with The Runners, the hit production team comprised of Jermaine "Mayne" Jackson and Andrew "Dru Brett" Harr. As part of the agreement, Warner/Chappell will administer both Jackson’s and Harr’s interests in all of their future works and select catalog titles.
The Runners have built a solid reputation as a leading hip-hop production team and have also achieved critical and commercial successes in both Pop and R&B. They work across an expanding range of musical styles and collaborated on hit songs for a number of popular songwriters and producers, including Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, T.I., Trey Songz, Rick Ross, Usher, Chris Brown, Akon, Keyshia Cole, Fabolous, Ludacris and Mary J. Blige.
In making the announcement, Scott Francis, President, Warner/Chappell Music, and Chairman and CEO, Warner/Chappell Music U.S., said, “Mayne and Dru are extraordinarily talented songwriters who started out with great success in the hip-hop world. To see them expand the scope of that success into a broader range of musical genres like pop and R&B is especially exciting. We are proud to have them join the Warner/Chappell family and look forward to opening new doors for them.”
"Warner/Chappell has such a great history and selection of the most talented writers and producers,” said Mayne. “We are excited about creating lots of smashes together."
Said Dru Brett: "It is gratifying to be in business with a publishing company that has the resources and talent to allow us to have continued success."
The Runners’ list of song credits includes:
• Usher's "Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home),” which reached no. 2 on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and reached no. 24 on the Hot 100 chart;
• Young Jeezy's "Go Getta," which reached no. 9 on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and no. 18 on the Hot 100 chart;
• Rick Ross’ “Hustlin’” which reached no. 11 on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and no. 54 on the Hot 100 chart;
• Rick Ross' "Speedin’,” which was featured on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart;
• Lil Wayne's "Money On My Mind";
• Justin Bieber’s “Kiss and Tell”;
• Ludacris' "Slap,” which was featured on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart;
• Mario's "Thinkin’ About You,” which was featured on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart; and
• DJ Khaled's “Go Hard,” “I’m So Hood” and "Out Here Grindin’,” which were featured on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Hot 100 charts.
About Warner/Chappell Music
Warner/Chappell Music is WMG's award-winning global music publishing company. The Warner/Chappell Music catalog includes standards such as "Happy Birthday To You," "Rhapsody in Blue," "Winter Wonderland," the songs of Cole Porter and George and Ira Gershwin, as well as the music of Eric Clapton, Green Day, Katy Perry, Led Zeppelin, Lil Wayne, Madonna, Nickelback, Paramore, Red Hot Chili Peppers, T.I., Timbaland, and others. Warner/Chappell Music is a leader in creating innovative strategies for marketing and promoting its songwriters and their music. The company's extensive catalog makes it a natural first stop for A&R executives and record producers, feature film and television production companies, and others looking to record or license some of the world's greatest music.
Source: Warner/Chappell Music