To support and celebrate international Record Store Day on 21st April, Warner Music UK has worked closely with its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists to create a diverse collection of special-edition vinyl. The limited-release records include music from some of the biggest artists of all time, as well as a number of rare songs and previously unreleased tracks.
The albums and 7” singles include unforgettable music from influential bands like Fleetwood Mac, Grateful Dead, and Orbital, hits from current international bestsellers Bruno Mars and The Black Keys, as well as tracks from a number of emerging artists such as Django Django, Santigold and Lianne La Havas.
Rhino UK will re-issue four seminal singles from the 70s Sire vaults with exclusive Record Store Day sleeves and labels:
- Ramones - A: ‘Blitzkrieg Bop’ / B: ‘Havana Affair’ - Originally released 1977
- Dead Boys - A: ‘Sonic Reducer’ / B1: ‘Hey Little Girl’ B2: ‘Down in Flames’ - Originally released 1977
- Richard Hell & The Voidoids - A: ‘Blank Generation’/ B1: ‘Liars Beware’ B2: ‘Who Says?’ - Originally released 1977
- The Flamin’ Groovies - A: ‘Shake Some Action’/ B: ‘Teenage Confidential’ -Originally released 1976
A colourful collection of 7” smash hits, with the original recording and a cover version of the single include:
- The Flaming Lips/Mastodon - 'Spoonful Weighs A Ton' (Pink vinyl)
- Otis Redding/Aretha Franklin – 'Respect' (Gold vinyl)
- Sara Watkins/Everly Brothers – 'You’re The One I Love' (Olive & Blue splattered vinyl)
- Carolina Chocolate Drops/Run DMC – 'You’ll Be Illin’' (Green vinyl)
To mark the occasion Warner Music is also producing a 5 LP set from metal band Disturbed that is limited to 150 copies, and a special edition double vinyl of The Black Keys' international best seller ‘El Camino’, that is numbered and includes two previously unreleased live tracks on a 7” vinyl.
Other Warner Music artists releasing special Record Store Day vinyl include: Kimbra, Common, The Misfits, Billy Bragg & Wilco, Dr John, Social Disorder, Sebastian, The Wombats, Fanfarlo, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Grouplove, Oscar Cash, Keith Hudson and Rival Sons.
Record Store Day celebrates music and the unique culture of independent music stores by releasing special edition vinyl and CDs that are all made exclusively for the day. This year more than 1,500 stores around the world will be participating in Record Store Day on Saturday 21st April.
Source: Warner Music International