Lil Wayne Named Songwriter of the Year
Warner/Chappell Music (WCM), the music publishing arm of Warner Music Group, was named Publisher of the Year at last night’s BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards. In addition, WCM songwriters took home a collective 19 Most Performed Song of the Year Awards, eight of which went to Dwayne Carter AKA Lil Wayne, who was named Songwriter of the Year.
“To win Publisher of the Year at the BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards is an enormous accomplishment for WCM, and we couldn’t be more proud of our incredibly talented songwriters. I’d also like to thank our dedicated team for their tireless hard work, and BMI for this wonderful recognition,” said Jon Platt, President, North America, Warner/Chappell Music. "We are all humbled by what we've achieved together in the past couple of years. It's been amazing to be part of our songwriters’ extraordinary creativity and success.”
Cameron Strang, Chairman & CEO, Warner/Chappell Music, added, “Our songwriters continue to deliver hit after hit in all genres, and the acknowledgements that WCM has received is a tribute to the great talent we have been cultivating throughout WCM, artists and executives alike. Congratulations to all of our winners."
Following is the complete list of Most Performed Song Awards presented to WCM songwriters last night by BMI:
• “Ball" - Dwayne Carter
• “Bandz A Make Her Dance” - Dwayne Carter, Justin Garner
• “Beware”- Dwayne Carter, Dwane Weir
• “Body Party”- Pierre Slaughter
• “Bugatti”- Justin Garner
• “Holy Grail” - Jerome Harmon, Dave Grohl
• “Love Me” - Dwayne Carter, Asheton Hogan
• “No New Friends (SFTB Remix)" - Dwayne Carter
• “No Worries” - Dwayne Carter, Rasool Diaz, Andre Proctor, Brian Soko
• “Pop That”- Dwayne Carter
• “Pour It Up” - Justin Garner
• “Rich as Fuck” - Dwayne Carter, Tyler Williams
• “Suit & Tie” - Jerome Harmon, Charles Still, Johnny Wilson, Terrence Stubbs
• “Swimming Pools Drank” - Tyler Williams
• “Take Back the Night" - Jerome Harmon
• “Timber” - Breyan Isaac
• “TKO” - Jerome Harmon, Barry White
• “Tom Ford” - Jerome Harmon
• “Turn on the Lights”- Marquel Middlebrooks
These accolades follow closely on the heels of WCM being named Publisher of the Year at three of ASCAP's most prestigious ceremonies—the Pop, Country, and Rhythm & Soul Awards. 2014 marks the first year WCM has ever been named Publisher of the Year at the ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Awards, also making it the first year in which WCM has won the title at both BMI and ASCAP’s urban music award ceremonies.
Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner/Chappell provides deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner/Chappell currently publishes and administers music from Barry Gibb, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars, Eric Clapton, fun., Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Jay Z, Katy Perry, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Miramax Films, Muse, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M, Roc Nation, Stephen Sondheim, T.I., Timbaland, and Kacey Musgraves, among many others.